Pegasus Care Limited aims to be the domiciliary provider of choice within Derbyshire, and we have an ongoing commitment and vision to be the lead quality provider of a diverse range of homecare and support services that help to improve the quality of life, maintains independence and facilitates inclusion and access. Our vision is under pinned by constantly developing innovative new service products, benchmarking and maintaining a clear focus on excellence.
This will be achieved by promoting a standard of excellence, which embraces fundamental principles of Good Care Practice that is witnessed and evaluated through the practice, conduct and control of quality care in the domestic environment.
History Of Pegasus / Meet The Team
Pegasus Care Limited (formerly Pegasus Nursing Services) was formed in 1992 by Mrs Barbara Archer RGN and has been going from strength to strength since. It now employs over 75 staff including Care Workers and Office Staff. It is now jointly owned by Mrs Barbara Sowden (formerly Archer) & Mr Stephen Sowden, who first joined in 1999.
The management & staff hold qualifications in many different areas. Mrs Sowden has been a qualified Nurse for over 21 years, whilst Mr Sowden is a qualified Social Worker.
Pegasus Care Limited is run by a team of well qualified staff who between them have
well over 70yrs combined experience. The management team and care staff have caring values and attitudes, we work hard to provide all care staff with information that is clear, accurate and confidential. Care staff are well trained through our own in house rigorous training programme. Staff are well supported with any given situation or challenge that arises.
Pegasus Care Limited hold full Public & Employers Liability Insurance and cover for Medical Malpractice.
* Directors - Stephen Sowden and Barbara Sowden.
* Registered Manager - Sue Page
* Accounts / HR - Sheila Emerson.
* Seniors Carers x 3.
* Care Staff.
Our Principles Of Care
* Respect and Dignity for All.
* To offer care and support with consideration & compassion.
* Having positive expectations by stressing each persons achievements & strengths without losing sight of their disability & individual care needs.
* Service User will be involved in every aspect of their care planning, packages will be flexible and based around each persons individual needs.
* Emphasis is strongly placed on promoting independence and enhancing quality of life.
* Confidentiality assured.
* The right to Complain.
* To support Service User’s with cultural needs/wishes.
* No discrimination on any grounds.
How We Will Do This
* To listen to and act upon the wishes and choices of Service Users.
* Encourage Service Users in the planning of their care packages, to be able to say when, how, and what services they require.
* To provide a dependable, reliable, high quality service for as long as it is required, which will develop confidence through, reliability, consistency, flexibility & communication.
* To act in the best interests of each Service User, to respect diversity.
* Work within an inter-professional & interagency context to achieve seamless & holistic packages of care.
* To match carer qualification and characteristics to the assessed needs.
* Actively promote the health & well-being of all Service Users.
* To support family and loved ones.
* Recruit & employ suitable personnel, to carry out full back ground checks.
* Achieve perfection through training, support and communication.
* Provide a broad range of staff knowledge, so they can provide a service that can vary in intensity that maximise independence of each individual.
* To respect the home and possessions of the individual with whom they work with.
Pegasus Care Limited endeavour not to take on work, which they cannot maintain to a high standard.