We will encourage choice for Service Users to ensure they have choices through a range of options.
* To be flexible in providing calls at times that meet with the Service Users needs and wishes. Allowing for changes in service plans to accommodate for hospital visits and appointments of other health professionals.
* To change their mind on service delivery when feeling unwell, the choices of when, how and what in every aspect of daily living.
* To respect the right of each Service User's eccentric or personal preferences and idiosyncrasies.
* We hope to cultivate an atmosphere and ethos in our service delivery which welcomes and responds to cultural diversity..
Services We Provide
Calls can be from a 1/4 hour call through to a full 24hr care service within your own home:-
* We can help with any care requirements from illness to convalescent care.
* Meals and light domestic duties including laundry and shopping.
* Personal care and bathing.
* Assistance with getting up or retiring.
* Companionship / help.
* Night Care or Live In Care.
* Supervision of children (please ask for more information).
People for whom the services are provided
● Frail and or elderly people ● Dementia ● Multiple Sclerosis ● Strokes ● End of life care ● Hearing loss ● Sight loss ● Physical disability ● Learning disabilities ● Continence care ● Parkinson’s disease ● Motor Neurone disease ● Cancer ● Mental Health ● Arthritis ● Care and support for any age. ●
How We Deliver Care
You may directly contact us for a private care package or you may be referred to us via Social Services the delivery plan will be the same.
►► Initial assessment (this may be direct to us or via Social Services) ►
►► Care needs assessment ►
►► Risk assessments and Manual Handling Plan ►
►► Contract and terms of business are signed to confirm the service ►
►► Allocation of Care Workers ►
►► Review of service (normally within 72hrs of commencement of packaged, then 6 weeks followed by 6 monthly then annually or unless changes in needs) ►
►► Services continues and reviewed annually or as care needs change.►
For more information please Contact us to discuss your individual requirements or to arrange for a member of staff to visit to discuss how we can help.
Staff Will Support You With...
Privacy:- As our Service Users you have the right to privacy. We aim to maximise our service users privacy in the following ways.
* Staff will enter a home as agreed with each Service User ensuring that they knock before entering, Service Users should check the I D badge of each staff member.
* They will work with the same team of care workers, they will be telephoned should we need to change a worker in emergencies or to cover re holiday cover.
* We will respect the fact that a Service User’s possessions are private and staff will always act in accordance with the principle that our care staff are guests.
* Our staff will respect a Service User’s right to make telephone calls and carry on conversations without being overheard or observed by a care worker.
* We will ensure that records of the service provided are seen by those with a legitimate need to know the information they contain.
Dignity:- We aim to maximise our Service User’s dignity in the following ways.
* We arrange for Service User’s who require assistance with bodily tasks such as dressing, bathing and toileting to be helped as far as possible by the care worker of their own choice.
* We ensure that Care Workers act in such ways to promote the dignity of each Service User by allowing them to be as independent as possible with in the realms of the capabilities.
* We will provide help for Service User’s with make-up, and any others elements of their appearance so that they can present themselves as they so wish.
* We will aim to minimise any feelings of inadequacy and vulnerability which Service User’s may have arising from illness, medical condition or disability.
* We will treat each Service User with respect to keep their own personal identity and characteristics, addressing them in their preferred manner, responding to specific cultural demands and requirements, whilst aiming to provide and maintain relationships which are warm and trusting but appropriate to that of a care worker and a Service User.
Security:- Whilst there is a difficult balance between a person being as independent as possible and making sure that neither the care worker or service user are not exposed to unnecessary hazards or high risks.
* We will carry out risk assessments in relation to the home environment, equipment and activities of the service user.
* All staff carry photographic Identity Badges.
* We encourage the use of key safes and staff will ensure that the home front and rear doors are locked in line with each persons wishes and in line with potential risks from the outside world.
* Staff from Pegasus Care Limited are selected and vetted, trained and informed to provide a level of service which is professional and with compassion and never to exploit their position as a Care Worker to abuse a Service User.
Hours Of Operation
Our services are offered over a 24hour period seven days a week 365 days a year. The office is open Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm (except for Bank Holiday) at all other times there is an out of hours emergency “On Call” service. If you need to contact us out of hours dial the office number and you will get through to a senior office staff member or a senior care worker who will help and advise both Service User’s and staff. On call staff have direct contact with Directors, Managers and other care professionals at all times. N.B Shopping and cleaning calls that fall on a Bank Holiday will be rearranged to another day. All other care calls will happened as normal.
Request A Copy Of Our Brochure
To request a copy of our brochure please call us on: 01246 202 404 or Alternatively you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.